Energy Shake

Energy Shake
Delicious energy shakes are hard to come by, often turning out too bland or too rich, becoming a chore to choke down. Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking energy shakes. When done right, shakes are a great source of concentrated energy and nutrients, which is exactly what I need before heading out to work or to the gym. Health benefits aside, it would be nice to make a shake that doesn't turn out tasting nasty!

I am really excited about trying this shake recipe from The Essential Vegetarian Cookbook. This cookbook is chock-full of color photos and features exciting new recipes and flavors for the vegetarian lifestyle. It is  perfect for experienced vegetarian cooks, and a wonderful place to start for those just beginning a vegetarian diet. I am a former vegetarian, and I must say, it was the best I ever felt in my life. Let's get started making the shake. Preparation time is 5 minutes; makes 2 shakes.

Easy Energy Shake

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups skim or soy milk
  • 1 tablespoon skim milk powder
  • 1/2 cup yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 banana, peeled
  • 6 strawberries (optional)
  • ground cinnamon, for sprinkling

Preparation
1) Blend all ingredients except the cinnamon until smooth. I am including the optional strawberries because bananas alone make my throat want to close up. Don't worry, it's not a medical condition. I just don't love bananas.
2) Pour immediately into tall glasses and serve sprinkled with a little cinnamon.
Energy Shake
I cannot believe my taste buds. This shake is so delicious! I feel ready to tackle the day and take it down.

Note: If you want to learn more about making your own weight loss shakes, using safe and natural ingredients, I recommend visiting Shake Weight Loss.