From Cooking Light's Annual Recipes 2005, Corn Fritter Casserole is one of my favorite recipes ever! I spent less than twenty minutes prep time and my family devoured it in even less time. You'll want to try this one!
Yield: 9 Servings
Serving Size: about 2/3 cup
Old Weight Watchers Points: 5 Points
WW PointsPlus: 7 Points
Light Corn Fritter Casserole
Adapted recipe from Cooking Light Annual Recipes (2005)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained)
- 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix (I used Jiffy)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
3) Stir in onion and next 3 ingredients; mixing well.
4) Add muffin mix and black pepper, stirring until ingredients are well combined.
5) Pour into an 11 X 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
6) Bake at 375 degrees F for 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7) Dig in!